Reports to: Executive Director
Position Status: Part-time (25-30 hours/week)
The Development Manager for the Eanes Education Foundation (EEF) reports to the Executive Director and assists with planning efforts to increase funding levels in support of the mission of EEF and helps in the planning, coordinating and implementation of all fundraising and communications activities for EEF. The Development Manager works with the Executive Director to ensure individual and corporate giving strategies and events continue to grow in order to fund teachers across the district.
- Co–create with Executive Director and Operations Manager a multi-year development and stewardship plan that includes annual plans for maximizing philanthropic support from parents, alumni, individuals, corporations and foundations.
- Identify, cultivate, manage, solicit and steward donors for individual and corporate donors through research, contact with existing donors and other internal and external resources.
- Forge long-term and mutually-beneficial relationships with individual and corporate donors.
- Attend all EEF events to which individual and corporate donors are invited in order to continue to cultivate relationships.
- Work with Operations Manager to manage benefits and accurate listings for website, eblasts, and Impact Reports for individuals and corporate donors.
- Help secure (in conjunction with Gala Chairs/Gala Volunteers/Operations Manager) underwriting, sponsorships and large auction items for annual gala.
- Solicit and steward in-kind donations for events as needed.
- Support campus fundraising and volunteer committees as needed.
- Help maintain donor database, pledges, receipts and acknowledgements.
- Maintain and update prospects in EEF’s CRM database to track donor activity.
- Write grant proposals and reports as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required and minimum 3 years of nonprofit fundraising experience preferred.
- In-Person solicitation experience and a successful record of identifying prospects, cultivating relationships and soliciting gifts.
- Measurable results in organizing and implementing the following: major gifts, annual gifts, foundation giving, direct mail and special events.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal & written communications skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency with computer literacy related to word processing, spreadsheets, data entry, data analysis and report generation – SalesForce experience a plus.
- Initiative, research and organizational skills.
- Ability to attend/coordinate occasional evening/weekend events.
- Interest and enthusiasm for working with people and advancing the mission of the Eanes Education Foundation.
Please email a cover letter, resume and three professional references to Dana Meserole DeLorenzo at email@example.com Candidate materials reviewed as they are received.